On one hand I hate Warehouse 13 as I think its popularity was probably the reason Eureka got cancelled. On the other hand I love it for all the nods it hands out to the late but great Nikola Tesla.
One of those nods is the aptly named Tesla gun – an electrically based steampunk style raygun used by Warehouse 13 agents (because bullets are so yesterday). That and it has the bonus side effect of erasing your short-term memory.
If you want a Tesla gun you can always opt for the kit version. But if you want it already fully assembled and, for that matter, if you want the best replica of this gun there is, then there’s no question that the limited edition Tesla Artisan Hero Prop is your huckleberry.
It’s a limited edition of only 500 pieces worldwide and it’s pure awesome.
- Hand-built from more than 70 parts
- Screen-accurate to the original TV prop (most parts digitally modeled from the original prop by Kenney’s Custom Props whose credits include weapon props for shows like Battlestar Galactica and Fringe)
- Precise modeling based on laser scans and computer-aided design
- Custom handmade acrylic cylinders for the vacuum tubes
- A baked-on black chrome finish that creates a mirror effect on the end caps of the vacuum tubes
- Custom-coiled springs and hand-coiled copper tubing
- Custom-cast Bakelite knob
- Comes with a hand-rubbed zebrawood base and graceful brass pedestal
- Carefully wrapped in canvas and packed in a handmade wooden crate
If you want it you’ll have to hurry. These are not easy to find and will set your bank account back a little when you do find one, but right now if you want one you’re in luck via the link below (while it lasts):