This is Hasbro’s awesome fully functional Force FX replica of Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber as featured in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.
- Die-cast metal parts that feel like the real thing
- Durable and sturdy green polycarbonate blade (permanently attached to the hilt)
- Measures 44 1/2″ from the tip of the blade to the end of the hilt
- In-built audio that sounds like the real thing (power-up, power-down, idle, movement and clash lightsaber sound effects – each sound is activated by motion sensors)
- In-built sound is motion-sensor controlled
- Display stand
- Takes 3xAAA batteries (but these are not included)
Watch a demonstration video:
If you want one of these be careful. I’ve noticed there’s a lot of what fans are calling “bait and switch” going on from less than reputable sellers. What they do is advertise the Force FX lightsaber, charge you a cheaper price than you’d otherwise pay, and then ship you a standard FX lightsaber or an Ultimate FX lightsaber. The upshot is you think you’re paying less for a Force FX but what you’re actually doing is paying more for a much, much inferior product.
Of course, sometimes sellers put the right price on the product to convince you it is the right product, only to still ship you the wrong product. In some cases they do this deliberately, and perhaps in others the sellers don’t really understand what the difference is between a Force FX, Ultimate FX, or FX model.
The following links lead to actual Force FX lightsabers. If you purchase in any other way from any other dealer I highly recommend taking every precaution you can to ensure you get what you’re after.
At the time of writing this post there is also an auction for a secondhand one in perfect condition via Ebay:
The link to have a go at bidding in the auction is below: